Being a ‘good girl’ can be draining at the best of times, and at its worst, it can lead to terrible anxiety and self-doubt, something I’ve got plenty experience of. For there are so many things to consider at all times:
– Am I polite enough?
– Do people like me? And if they don’t, what have I done wrong?
– Am I making the right decisions?
– Am I a good mother?
– Am I a good wife?
– Have I neglected my duties as a sister, daughter, granddaughter, friend, etc.?
– Have I forgotten anyone’s birthday?
– Is the house clean enough?
– Are my children eating too much sugar?
– Should I put some make-up on to look more pleasing?
– Am I pretty enough?
– Am I too fat? Do I need to lose weight?
– Have I offended anyone?
– Am I good enough?
View original post 353 more words