I am frequently asked the question how do I find purpose in my work? How did you eventually align your work with your purpose?
To address the questions, there are two very different answers, to be sure .
So… how do you find purpose in YOUR work or job daily?
First, you must be as self aware as possible to figure what serves your purpose, right?
By that I mean, what lights your fire, turns you on, makes you want to jump for joy or assists in helping you feel useful even.
Self-awareness is the basis of all personal happiness. For when we know ourselves, we create a barrier to negativity by creating boundaries, to unhappiness, to wasting time and many other things that bring us as human beings, a wee drawback to the ultimate day.
Now you ask, how can I become more self aware and how does that help me understand my purpose? The deeper we dive into our own soul with the tools I prescribe, the sooner you will understand what makes you tick! What makes you feel alive, happy, passionate and purposeful. You will better understand your triggers to negativity, as well. It is a practice, and a journey, nothing happens overnight. But, just aligning your self with attempting to understand allows for an openness to receive.
Here are some tips for enhancing your purpose in the workaday world.
- Look at the upside or positive in each person as a person. We’re all in this together right?
- Stay present in the moment as much as possible. Wishing the day away, never made it actually happen.
- Stick to your business, not other peoples business.
- Make a list in the morning of what will help you feel better in terms of accomplishment. It can be anything! Make sure you do that one thing.
- Remember to create space in your day to have quiet time for intention towards this and freeing your mind of the negative self-talk. Do it first thing in the morning before you turn on the TV, the phone or radio. Breathe into it, free your mind and even if for 5 minutes you are in the space of nothingness, your whole being will benefit!
When you arrive at work with the intention of being positive or purpose filled, you will notice a difference. Not to mention, your health will improve.
According to a research article in Health Psychology Magazine, also summarized in the Institute of Coaching newsletter: “research showing that a strong sense of purpose in life is associated with reduced risk of stroke, cardiovascular events, cognitive impairment as well as overall mortality risk… and the ability of the body to withstand wear and tear caused by stress.”
For more tips on ways to increase your self awareness, find my article on vocal.com, elephantjournal.com, or here on my site. Check out my online course Secrets to Self Awareness. Good luck and let me know how it goes! Please share this and other poetry or blogs as much as you like.
To contact me email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info to schedule workshops, book signings or other please do the same.
Health Psychology Magazine: (https://psycnet.apa.org/record/2019-21849-001?inf_contact_key=8b8dad270e446ddfc0bc6a56ea6842cb680f8914173f9191b1c0223e68310bb1
5 Steps to Increased Self Awareness
Check out my new online course!
If you still feel like something is missing in life, and you can’t find your true purpose, you will find it in my course designed to help you become self- aware. Being in the present moment, creating space in your day, self-care, and committing to awareness all contribute to finding fulfillment in your life. Click on this link for more details.